You Think He Will Like Us?

|
The days only get better.

The Wheat Family is finally home; now our home truly feels like a home, not just a house.

After being knee deep in flowers, friends, family, phone calls, wonderful nurses, and cookies (thank you Jennifer for the cookie bouquet - we thoroughly enjoyed it at midnight with some milk - yum), we are finally home. The doctor's officially gave us a good bill of health and allowed Jaxson to begin his dominance of the world; one heart at a time.

What a dramatic turn in lifestyle in such a short amount of time. I have changed multiple diapers and even experienced a little bit of "yellow rain" while in the middle of a change. I sang to my little "biscuit" for the first time. One of my favorite moments so far. I have received numerous tips, hints, and how-to's from other great men who have been in my shoes, and to be totally honest with you; everything has gone very smooth so far.

It is amazing how differently you look at the world when you look through the eyes of your own child. Life is just sweeter; flowers smell better, the sun shines brighter, and the sky is bluer than ever before.

And I do think he likes us, at least for the time being.

0 comments: