It's a frog, it's a book, it's BOTH?

|
Receiving gifts is always fun, no matter what for or when, it is always exciting unraveling a small mystery. Robyn loves to get "sussies" (surprises) and they always make her day; even if it is just a king size Butterfinger or a Nutty Butty - any sussie is a good sussie. I also enjoy sussies, but I typically figure out the surprise before it happens, so to receive something that I was not expecting was great.

So we opened a box last night from Robyn's aunt and her family and began pulling out books. And then, there was Toadie (that's what he goes by). Toadie is a morph between a book and a stuffed animal. What better way to engage interaction between a child and a book then by making the book a stuffed animal - great idea. Not to mention that Robyn and I loved the toy/book. Robyn and I found ourselves reading to Jaxson last night about Toadie and his adventures as he ate various types of bugs.

My wife has been a real trooper throughout her entire pregnancy. She has managed to maintain her work schedule up until now, which to me is incredible. However, in the past few days the comfort level she once enjoyed has vanished, and she is now staying home until the little bambino comes into this crazy world to greet us. Reading to Jaxson last night seemed to put an ease to some of her discomfort and I think it made her day. Thank you Aunty for the books and the stuffed animal/toy/book. It will keep all three of us happy for many nights to come.

It's amazing what a little child's play can do to an adult. As a father, I want to be able to connect with my children on a level in which they feel we are best friends, not just parent and child (my parents achieved this, hopefully I can use their mold and come out with the same end product).

Age is just a number, and you should only act as old as you want; being a kid is fun, why stop being a kid at heart just because you have a child yourself.

0 comments: