Building The Table And Dreaming

|
In the good old days, the man of the household did things for his children that lasted generations. Homemade toys, furniture, and accessories were the norm.

Times have changed, and it is much easier and sometimes cheaper just to run to your local big box retailer and pick up the furniture your kiddo needs.Besides being overpriced and sometime very poorly constructed and designed, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I want Jaxson to have a table that he can play on and store items underneath as well. Truthfully, I want (nned) it more than he does. My OCD kicks in and I am constantly picking his toys up from his floor and putting them away - just to do the same thing the next day. I believe the definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over, and expecting different results. I may fit that definition, no wait, I am that definition.

Something about the toys being physically off the ground makes it easier for me to cope with. With that being said, I started building the little guy a table this weekend. Progress is slow, but if it comes out the way I am hoping then this may become more routine than rare.

And besides, it is just so much cooler when it is homemade.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uoh...cant wait to see the finish product.
EMS