Boss Hog Bowl - Update

|
Neither related to the Bambino nor to Miss Annabelle, but I figured a few eyes around the country that scan this blog wouldn't mind these photos.

After a job site visit at Six Flags Over Texas, I decided to swing by the new Cowboy Stadium (yes, around here we capitalize those words to show respect), to see how progress is going.

Due to open in June, she is coming along nicely. Ignoring all the political, behind-the-scene, pull-the-wool-over-their-eyes tactics that Boss Hog (Jerry Jones) has pulled to make the stadium happen; it will be a great addition to Arlington and the surrounding areas. Commerce, developments, and just an overall improvement as to what was here before is good.

Not sure if I am sold on the design though. Seems too modern and "spacey" for me. I know they are trying to capture the "look" and "feel" of Texas Stadium with the white roof and general shape - but personally, I would have liked to seen something that tied-in better with it's neighbor, The Ballpark in Arlington.

5 comments:

eric and nikki scott said...

it's just so sad they are spending so much time and money and the team that will be playing is such a horrible mess...

cwheat said...

I know Nikki left this comment, and my only comment back is: At this point, the Bears and the Cowboys are in the same position - if you aren't the champion of the Super Bowl, then your season was a disapointment.

Next season will be a whole different world. The Cowboys had a reality check this season. Everybody needs to be humbled before they can be great.

eddieball said...

please do not compare the cowboys to the bears ever again. we might not be great on the field, but at least we do not have all the off the field drama. i can't wait to see TO's new show...and i would be so thrilled if one of my most important players was so concerned with having a t.v show. shouldn't he be working more on improving those hands in the offseason??? oh, how i can't wait for football season to start up in august! we love you! the scotts

cwheat said...

Hopefully, that thing we/you call T.O. isn't here come August, but if he is, get your popcorn ready.

Like I said, everyone needs to be humbled before they can be great.

Just because you had a taste of the Super Bowl a few years ago, dont show up to the big boy table with your sippy cup wanting some big-boy juice. Call me when your franchise has 5 rings on their fingers like my boys.

Bring on the new season, we will see who is left standing.

So, my team isn't in the big game; yet, we are still top headlines in all sports pages - AMERICA'S TEAM is both a curse and a pleasure.

Enjoy the offseason. How are the Bull's doing, I think I hear more about them than the Bears. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say - GO E-A-G-L-E-S...I almost said that without laughing too much.