Parade of Lights

|
When I was little, I went to a few parades. I recall one in Fort Worth, one at Disney World, and I watched more than my fair share of Rose Bowl and Thanksgiving Day parades. This past Saturday night Jaxson, Robyn, and her family and myself went to downtown Arlington to see the Parade of Lights. There was a crisp in the air, children's laughter bouncing through the streets, and toothless bald middle aged men asking us if we would like to buy any Santa hats that light up....what a wonderful night.

It really was a nice little treat. The floats ranged from full-blown floats with lights and decorations, to BoyScouts on bicyles with battery powered light strands. Their was a rumor that some Cowboys were making an apperance, but I guess they were to busy preparing to whoop-up on the Giants. Since we now have sole possession of first place in our division; hey, NY - take a backseat on the Romo Bus of Love!!! (Actually, they did show up, but they were the real ones with horses and spurs).

So, the Little Bambino got his first parade experience, I didn't get suckered into buying anything, and we wound up having a good time. All is good.

0 comments: