Before and After

|
Captured this photo last night just before bed time. In the background you can see some photos that Robyn and I had done a few months before Jaxson arrived.

It is amazing to me how much things have changed in 5-1/2 weeks in our lives and in our home. Having Jaxson around seems so normal to me already, and it is hard for me to imaging our lives before he was born.


Before he was born, I constantly asked myself how was I going to care for another person's life. I had so many unanswered questions. My mom would always tell me, "Don't worry, it will happen natural and your instincts will kick in." And, they did and they still do. Everyday is a new day with him and everyday, as parents, we learn something new. Not only new about Jaxson, but about ourselves.

Becoming a parent has been the greatest accomplishment (not sure if that is the right word or not) in my life. I always wanted a little boy, and I am counting the days until we get to go to our first baseball game together, play our first round of golf together, learn a lesson from a fight at school - all the things a young boy goes through.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of the fights, cody gave jaycee the ole' 1,2 slap in the face this weekend. she wouldn't get out of his way while the UT game was on and so he hit her. Yep, I said UT game! He is his father, a football watchen', sippie cup drinken' fool. Glad I have Jaycee. Can't wait to see Jax soon. Jenn