A Letter To My Son

|
Jaxson -

Two years. 730 Days. 17,520 Hours. 1,051,200 Minutes.

No matter how I break it down, I have loved every single moment. The impact and changes your have brought to me and your mom are beyond explanation and is something that words will never do justice.

The way you walk down the hall. Your squinty-eye expression in the first few hours of the day as you awake and stand tall in your bed. The way you rub my hair when we go for "Dad-Rides." The way you blow kisses. The way you sleep. The sound of you calling for your mom and I early on Saturday mornings. The way you make everyone smile. All of these little moments are memories and pieces of our lives that are stored permanently in my heart and soul - and these moments I cherish above anything else.

Soon, you will be a big brother. Soon, you will have the opportunity to love something greater than you. But, until then, you are my Little Bambino and you will always be that. No matter how big you get, no matter what you do in life and how successful you become or where you travel - you will always be my Little Bambino.

So, enjoy your birthday kid. We love you.

-Dad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geeezzz! Make me cry why don't ya! That was really sweet!

Laura said...

Thats so sweet. Im crying too!

Jennjilla said...

No crap, man - I can't be crying on the job! Oh wait..I probably shouldn't be surfing my blogger buddies while working, either..

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Jax! We love you very much!

The Sutherlands said...

Okay.... you can't do that to a pregnant lady! That was the sweetest thing ever!