Griswald's Go Mexican

|
Seeing Christmas through the eyes of child is something that I think we all wish we could do again. The twinkle of lights, the colors of garland and tinsel strung on the tree, the sound of wrapping paper being torn in anticipation of what's being revealed. These are all fond memories we experience as children, and that feeling can not be recaptured....or so I thought.

For the last few weeks, Robyn said she had a surprise for Jaxson and I; but we had to go to Campo Verde, a Mexican restaurant in Arlington. Robyn hates surprises, so for her to hold out for that long and the sense of urgency she had to get us there made me think something was up.

Holy Crap.

I didn't know if the surprise was food or something at the restaurant - the only thing I knew was that she said that I had to bring a camera. Walking up to the restaurant, nothing looked out of place or abnormal. A few lights dangled in the wind, some randomly placed beer signs, and a "Special of the Day" banner greeted us. Like I said, nothing abnormal.

Then it all changed.

I opened the firsts set of double doors, then the second set of double doors. Then, there it was in all it's glory. The most hideous, gaudiest, blantant, flamboyant, and gorgeous display of Christmas decorations I had ever seen. I was truly speechless.

Not sure if I walked into a cruel dimension where Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas met the Griswold's who then met Elf, or if this was really happening. But I was impressed.

Read the numbers on the sign that I took a picture of, and just think about how much "stuff" that is. I heard a rumor that it took staff 6 DAYS to hang everything, wow. The pictures just do not do it justice, so please go experience for yourself and enjoy your trip back to childhood.

1 comments:

Kippy said...

Ahh, yes. Campo Verde! We frequent it a couple of times during the season - it just happens to be right around the corner from our house! Jack is really into trying to rip as much garland off the walls as possible and then dipping it into the nuclear orange pseudo-queso. Fun times, fun times!