I Paid To Do This?

|
Not sure why.  Can't figure it out.  Baffled.  Stumped.  Curious, why my thick head fell in love with long distance running...whatever it is; I'm glad the bug got to me.

Two marathons and six half-marathons later; I want more.

This past weekend I ran the Gettysburg North-South Marathon.  Toughest race I have ever run (except maybe the half-marathon I ran with a small case of the beer-flu...not recommended.  Pizza and beer the night before was the wrong fuel for that race).

Gettysburg was full of hills (big hills), temperatures in the mid-seventies by finish time (which is very hot for a race) and the fact that I didn't feel my training had prepared me...I thought wrong.

3 hours and 58 minutes after the gun went off, I was done.  Two minutes under my goal time. Big smiles.

Best part of it all, I am set to run another half-marathon this Sunday at the Frederick Running Festival.






The picture above is why I do the races.  

I hope to show my kids that you can do whatever you want in life. Hard work and commitment is the only way - no short cuts in life.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Your A-W-E-S-O-M-E, Awesome Corey Awesome..toe-totally! (insert hand shake here)

abbi said...

Great race, congrats! And now I see photos are posted, off to check mine out!

Jennjilla said...

way to go, buddy! :)

Boo's Basket said...

So proud of you Corey.....good job!