Field Of Dreams

|
Beyond the chain-link fence backstop and out past where the grass meets the red dirt; that is where you will find little boy's big league dreams.


Baseball was the sport that I shared a close bond with my family. Some of my earliest memories are from sitting under the carport on warm summer nights with my brother, listening to Ranger's play-by-play from Eric Nadel and Mark Holtz ("Hello Win Column") while my dad worked on his latest project. Stomping on June-Bugs and playing catch by the glow of the lights scattered around the perimeter of the house helped us pass many hours and stay out of trouble.


Needless to say, today was a day that has been harder to wait for than Christmas morning.


T-ball practice number one.


Good memories and greater bonds are just ahead...

0 comments: