Eat More Bacon.

|
One thing scared me more than anything when I knew we were going to have two kids. Not dual diaper duty (pardon the pun), not two kids fighting, not even paying child care payments for two. What scared me more than anything was the first time that both kids got sick at the same time.

I'm not talking the common cold type of sick. I'm talking fever-coughing-aching-shoot-me-now-this-sucks type of sick.

Well, it is about to happen.

As I am getting over my flu (just the regular version), my little Bambino is at home with the H1N1 virus. The dreaded Swine Flu. Though, Miss Belle isn't sick yet - I have a bad feeling that it is coming. Hopefully all will end well and we can get out of this with just one of my little ones getting the swine.

Not only did the swine get Bambino sick; because of him being sick we had to cancel our trip (we were suppose to leave tomorrow, Friday) to Maryland to meet Colt for the first time. I know we will still get to see him soon, hopefully in a few weeks if all the schedules work out right, but it is still not how I had planned this weekend to span out.

So, my plan of attack is to eat more bacon. I realize that the pig actually has nothing to do with the H1N1 virus, but I can at least sleep better at night knowing that in some way I did my part to fight back.

So, grab some thick cut bacon and get to cooking. Make yourself a good ole' BLT and wash it down with some Chicaronnes.

Take that Wilber.

3 comments:

Jennjilla said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry he's sick and that you have been sick, too! I pray that AB and Robbie stay well and that no more piggy flu comes your way! Oink Oink!

The Sutherlands said...

Poor baby! WASH WASH WASH your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot stress that enough!

Only positive thing from this experience is that your house hold will build immunity to the virus, as it is supposed to get much worse.

Please let me know if you need anything! Here are some reputible websites that I trust: flu.gov and of course the CDC.gov. These are the ONLY sites I trust.

And I promise to eat my shareof pork... matter of fact, we had pork chops last night! LoL!!

Send Jaxson our love and best wishes!!!

Love you all and feel better1

Bex/Berks' Papa said...

The above comment re: immunity is a good point, but no doubt this is not one of those life experiences you want to remember. Hang in there, fella. This too shall pass!