The Gift That Is Still Giving

|
While passing through on their vacation; Auntie, TJ, and Jimmy stopped for dinner and a mini-birthday celebration for TJ at Mi Chula's in Southlake. Besides the fact that the food was incredible, the cerveza was cold, and the atmosphere was buzzing with talk of the summer storms that have rolled through town the last few days; Miss Annabelle received a truly unique gift from a total stranger - though they may not be strangers after this.

From a table just a few steps away, I was approached by a lady asking Annabelle's name and how it was spelt. She informed me that her daughter was drawing a picture for Belle and she wanted to make sure her name was correct.

As we were wrapping up dinner and just starting to sing The Birthday song to TJ, the sweet girl (whom I later found at her name was Keely) from a few tables over approached me and told me she had a gift for Annabelle.

She handed me the following piece of paper and told me that this is from her to Annabelle.
Life can really surprise you, and invigorate you at the same time. This small, but powerful, action by Keely meant more to us then anything money could have bought, not to mention the fact she draws better than most adults I know. For Keely to take it upon herself to give a personalized gift says alot about the person she is, the woman she will become, and the type of parents she has.

All we can say is "Thank You." Your little gift made a huge impact.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great story. After I saw the picture, I realized that this was about the Keely that my daughter has been good friends with since they were both 1yr old.

Keely and her parents are great people.

It's great to enjoy the special things that other people do, especially when those people are the ripe ol' age of 10.

cwheat said...

Following is Keely's comment, it somehow ended up at the wrong blog-post:

Hi it's Keely! Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much for the nice comments! Maybe we can meet you at Mi Chulas or some other Mexican restaurant. Our family loves Mexican food! Annabelle is so cute! I would really love to see her again!


And yes, Keely, we would love to meet again and let the girls hang out and talk. Glad to hear from you, and please stay in touch through this blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey It's Keely! Ya I would totally love to be able to hang out with you guys again! Annabelle is so adorable! Well, I was just checking in, thanks! Bye!

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Keely! Just checking in and my family would love to hang out with you guys at a mexican resturant!
Love,
Keely

Anonymous said...

Hi it's keely! Sorry I havn't been able to post, i have been really busy. just seeing how you guys are doing and would love to meet you guys at a mexican resturaunt sometime soon!