I Fell In Love All Over Again

|
With 3+ weeks until the due date Robyn and I have been trying to spend as much time with Jaxson as possible before we are a family of four. Along the way we have been preparing for Miss Annabelle. Her room is almost complete, outfits have been bought, and diapers are stored and ready.

Work has been extremely busy for both us and we really haven't had the opportunity to think about the coming weeks and how close we are to being a family of four versus a family of three. Yesteray afternoon I came home to an emotional wife who allowed the stress of the uncertainty to get the best of her and she just had to cry and get her emotions to the surface. After a small pep talk and some reassurance we headed to the last big doctor's appointment.

With Robyn's final sonogram and last round of test to ensure everyone's health is in order the reality of the events on the horizon stared us in the face today - literally.

While the nurse was doing the standard sonogram and taking measurements and snapping images, she smoothly switched into 4D mode and our baby girl was looking right at her mom and dad.

Within the darkness of the room and with a grin on my face I was face-to-face with my little girl. Speechless. Amazed. Humbled.

Knowing that the 4D sonograms aren't free, Robyn and I kept quiet while the nurse snapped image after image of Annabelle. After the last "photo" was taken, the nurse asked if we would sign a waiver to allow her images to be part of a marketing brochure to help sell the service of the 4D sonograms - with no additional cost to us.

So leaving the doc's office was more like leaving a photo shoot with our girl. With photos in hand and a clean bill of health we are now ready for our new edition. I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!I cannot wait to meet Annabelle....my eyes are watering. CRAP! I'm such a baby. What can I say, I'm a sucker for Wheat babies.

EMS

The Sutherlands said...

OMG!!!! She is so cute!!! She looks just like Jaxson's day 1 picture!!! We know she is going to be adorable because that Jaxson is so darn precious!!! Love you guys! We cannot wait to get Gracelee and Annabelle together in "real" life!

Alicia Brunson said...

How precious! I think that little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her finger!