Three Generations, One Shared Passion

|
For most father's, the greatest part of having a son, is passing on your passions in life and teaching life lessons through those passions. Sharing something that you love, with someone you love creates those special moments in life that you tuck away deep into your memory banks and draw back on time-after-time.

Golf, to me, is more than a sport. It is an opprotunity. It is an opprotunity to teach you lessons about life and lessons about yourself. It has taught me to stop and slow down, enjoying the little moments and small aspects of life that make this world go 'round. The way fresh cut grass looks and smells in the morning as the sun rises. Being the first footsteps to break the dew in the mornings. The long shadows cast across the fairways as you stroll up the last fairway as the late evening sun sets behind a row of trees.

I took up golf about 15 years ago, my dad just started the game a few years ago - but we both had the pleasure of taking Jaxson for his first round of golf. Original plans had us heading to a nine hole course down the street; however, a junior tournament was taking place so we shifted our plans to another nine-hole course on the west side of Fort Worth. Funny how things like this happen, because we ended up taking Jaxson to the very course where I first started playing.

The course itself is not the greatest; however, yesterday with my son and my father both by my side - it was THE greatest course ever.

Who knows if Jaxson will take to the game the way I did. But even if he doesn't, those few hours spent with the guys will go down as a special moment for all of us.

0 comments: