Mr Sandman, Bring Me a Dream.

|
Droopy eyes, contacts out, teeth brushed, and hair frazzled; I had to make a blog entry to cap the night off, and to re-cap a busy and exhausting day.

The beautiful mom-to-be woke up this morning with contractions coming at 10-minute intervals; this lasted till about 8 o'clock this morning. More than once we decided to go to the hospital; but, then the contractions would stop for a few hours, so we watched the grass grow instead. I don't know how my wife has not gone crazy yet. These last few days of hurry up and wait is exhausting to me, I can't begin to imagine how she feels.

Crazy, I'm not crazy. They put me in a room, a round room.........

We both began to go stir-crazy staring at the walls, so we ventured out into the open world and let the sun shine down on us and to get some fresh air. We had to make one last run to Babies-R-Us to pick up the highly suggested "Kiddopotamus" - possibly the most comfortable looking piece of fabric I have seen since my first pair of boxers in junior high.

From there we went to see Beckett, what a beautiful child. The calmness felt in the house was very comforting - a warm and loving home to be in - congrats once again to the Long family, may all your hopes and dreams come true for your families for generations to come.

Back to the "cave" we went to let the wifey rest and try and catch some "zz's," but no such luck.

Watched the Horn's fall to Ohio. We don't need to talk any more about that.

Let's try sleep again......

Robyn and I sat down to have a cup of night time tea to try and relax her body and mind; and as I type this she is sleeping soundly next to me.

Thank you Mr. Sandman, momma needs her rest.

Tomorrow could be the big day, so a good night's rest would do us all good.

Good night and good luck.

0 comments: